Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: the Cold

Sunday, February 3, 2013

the Cold

     This is a little harder to be thankful for.  See, I'm challenging myself!  Basically, I enjoy how pretty the snow is, but absolutely hate the cold.  I'd rather be running in 100 degree weather than 30 or 40.  Yet, I think that it's important to be thankful for how frigid the wintertime can be, because it makes me appreciate the warmer months so much more!  If it was always warm, I don't think I would be filled with such joy when we first hit shorts weather in the spring.  The freezing Ohio winter helps me to be grateful for the little things, and-- if I drag myself out into it-- provides for a gorgeous winter run.  So, today, I'm thankful for the snow and cold temperatures outside.  I'm not going to lie though: I'm much more grateful that spring isn't too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment