Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo

Monday, December 1, 2014

Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo

     Ever since I was little, the Zoolights have been a Christmas tradition for my family. My parents used to bundle us up and load us in the wagon where we would get courtesy transportation around the zoo, complete with hot chocolate. While no one pulls me in a wagon these days, the experience is still one I treasure.  As the years have gone by, the lights have only gotten bigger and brighter, as well. That gives me another excuse to go multiple times!
     This year, I went with a friend the day after the lights opened. We had to go early because of conflicting holiday schedules. "Do they have anything like this in Florida?" I asked as we stared in awe at a 28-foot tree of lights. "No," she said after a minute. "Not that I know of."
     She had never been to the Wildlights before and it's safe to say that both of us had a great time. I'll certainly return- at least once- before the animal return to center stage and the lights dim  on January 4th. But here are some pictures from this year's zoo lights.  (RELATED: Christmas 2013 in Pictures)
     If you get the chance: grab your own friends or family and head to the Columbus Zoo. Start your own holiday tradition: You, your loved ones and three million LED Christmas lights. If that doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, you may just be the Grinch! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment