Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Study Time and Injury Update

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Study Time and Injury Update

     I promise: I haven't neglected my blog completely (I am sorry to the 2 or 3 of you that were in suspense).  In reality, I have many posts on the backburner-- as in: I almost finished writing them, but haven't done so yet-- and many AP Exams to write.  I am super grateful that I finished a giant research paper that was looming over my head.  I am also thankful that God has given me diligence in studying and schoolwork.  I feel just about ready for the AP Psychology test on Monday, after studying for a few weeks and extensively today. I also am feeling more prepared for AP Spanish on Tuesday (that's the one I'm really hoping to do well on!)
     All in all though, it has been an amazingly tough week.  It's hard to stay motivated and positive when an injury keeps you on the bike and off the running trails.  Tendonitis in my right knee doesn't seem to be getting any better despite prayer, rehab, ice, heat, ibuprofen, and some more prayer.  That is discouraging to say te least.  Besides, I keep looking at the calendar to see how much time I have left to get in shape and on the track, but I know that God doesn't go by any human calendar.  Yet, I flip flop back and forth: one minute I trust him and the next, I've already given up.  That has put strain on my relationships as well, and the guilt that follows when I feel that I'm the "screwup."  And once I begin thinking that, its a quick slippery road down to self-pity and whining.
     So I'm being completely honest: I don't have a very strong faith right now in God's promises or even his love for me.  I can't hear him right now.  But I can rely on what I've seen in the past and what he has told me in his word.  He will not abandon me.  That is why I am so thankful for people in my life who are uplifting me right now and for the Bible that does so as well: when I can't find God, it is so encouraging to know he is still there.  His word and his children are reminding me that until he reveals himself and I can see it again.
     I pray that you all have a blessed Sunday and remember the power of encouragement.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment