Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: A Presence Filled 2014: January 25

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Presence Filled 2014: January 25

     I have to say, it's been a crazy and difficult week.  Between classes, homework and practice, I have been stretched pretty thin.  Yet, I also must say: God has really shown up this week.
     I have been making more of an effort to have regular prayer time with Him, as I realized a while back that this is an area I need to grow in.  I also started reading "The Kneeling Warrior" by David D. Ireland, and am loving it.  I'd started the book earlier in the year, but took a break to read "Unglued" by Lysa Turkeurst.  I finished that book this past week and will be posting a book review ASAP!
     Anyway, I was reading about the importance of setting a time to speak to and listen to God every day.  I believe that we need to be in constant communication with our Father, as I explored deeper in "Practicing His Presence" (Read my review HERE).  It brings such joy to be in the practice of talking to God throughout the day.  
     There's another aspect of communion with God that I've been lacking in though.  I never have a set time and place where I pray, other than before bed-- which is at the mercy of my body's need for sleep.  This week, to practice God's presence more, I set a time and a place and I stuck to it.  I there was no better time and place to regularly pour my heart out to Him than my frigid walk to practice-- typically-- at 7:15 a.m.  After doing that this week, I have felt such relief and peace in my spirit.  By setting that time to talk with God, I eliminate the temptation to just stuff my emotions inside or tell myself that I'll pray for so-and-so later.  I treasure this time with God because it used to be a walk I hated, and now it is one of the most presence-filled moments in my day.  By the time I get to practice, my heart is lighter and my focus is straighter.  
   
     God has been whispering peace to me in those moments-- and all the moments in between that I give to Him.  See, despite the fact that it was a really stressful week, I realized that I had a level of comfort and peace that I typically don't reach.  I tend to stuff my emotions down deep and then spew all over the place, but having my walk with God and choosing to pray throughout my day have made all the difference.
     I don't tell you this in a "holier-than-thou" manner, but to hopefully uplift and encourage my readers that God is ever present.  As his word says, if we truly seek Him, we're going to have no trouble finding Him! (Jeremiah 29:13).  If that doesn't wreck you, check out this verse I have been meditating on this week:

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he comes and rains righteousness upon you."

I am struck by the notion that if I want the Lord and His righteousness, I can seek the Lord until He comes.  That's the implied promise, friends: He WILL COME.  Perhaps you had a stressful week as well.  Or maybe life seemed to be flowing along smoothly, but there is trouble under the thinly veiled surface.  Whatever place you are in, Christ's presence is here for the taking.  I encourage you to press in, as I have seen the direct results of that this week.  Take heart, the King is ever near!

No comments:

Post a Comment