Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Halfway There: A Week of Trials Thus Far

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Halfway There: A Week of Trials Thus Far

     Believe it or not, this is my first full week of school, which is why it's dragging on forever.  Monday was killer.  I got all my school work done, but struggled to fit in all the other necessary activities-- seeing the physical trainer, going to freshmen-athlete study tables, Spanish class @ 7 p.m., and eating in between everything!  I basically broke down on Monday night.  I think it was a combination of tiredness and homesickness.  Either way, I decided I wasn't going to let the day "happen" to me anymore.  I need to be proactive and set my mind that I'm going to walk through the day with joy and determination.
     I think the most frustrating part though, is all the spiritual warfare that's been flying my way.  For instance: I typed up my life Bible passage (Hebrews 10:32-39) and hung it in my dorm room with sticky tabs when I got here.  The first few weeks, it ended every day hanging by a thread to the wall.  Finally, it fell.  After it fell three more times in a matter of days, I began to figure out a new plan. Gravity, I reasoned, was the culprit; I couldn't hang it up on my ceiling in high humidity and expect it to just stay there.  So I grabbed 6 more sticky tabs and hung it on the wall beside my bed.  It fell.  And fell.  And fell.  Shouldn't 9 (Brand new) sticky tabs be able to hold up a piece of paper?  I mean, 8 are holding up my giant running poster just fine.  Four are holding up another piece of paper right next to where I had my Hebrews 10:32-39!  
     I've also been having some pretty bad nightmares.  A lot of fear.  I know God is revealing a lot to me through these dreams, but I don't think they are of him because I wake up terrified in the middle of the night!  Satan doesn't even give us a break when we're sleeping!  But my dad reminded me last night that actively praying for joy and rest will really help me in this.  God loves it when I speak to him, but lately, I've been less willing and more: "Take it away!"  Ya, I know.... really mature of me.
     I'm grateful that I've been able to get cross training again.  I'm able to swim for 30-40 min., and I can slowly increase it as my hip agrees.  I'm doing rehab exercises as well, and I'm finally starting to think I'm moving forward!  God is moving in all these things, otherwise: I wouldn't be making it through this crazy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment