Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: What I'm Grateful for on September 7

Saturday, September 7, 2013

What I'm Grateful for on September 7

Grateful     Today, I'm grateful for so much!  Yesterday, we traveled to the first cross country meet.  I really focused on being uplifting and cheering for the other girls.  If I know my God has got everything in his hands, I don't have to be sad or worry about not being able to run.  Granted, it wasn't actually that easy, but I was so grateful that God gave me so much peace throughout the day.  I was also blessed by all the encouragement that came from others.  The best part-- by far-- was getting to see my daddy!  He had planned to come out and see me run-- which was soiled with news of my stress fracture last week-- but was still eager to just see me.  That made me feel so so special and loved.  I remember I was just grinning ear to ear as soon as I saw him!  I am so thankful that he drove all the way there, and braved the six hour drive back to Indianapolis (to drop me off) and then Columbus.  It meant the world to me, and I treasured ever moment of our drive time.  I would not let myself fall asleep, so I didn't get to bed until I'd thrown my stuff on my desk chair and hopped up to bed at one in the morning.
     Dad also brought an extremely loving care package with notes from the family-- my little bro's especially cracked me up!  It had more bars, cereal, a lap desk, a Runner's World magazine and lots of other goodies!  I also received an Itunes card that I eagerly used to download some new worship music.  If you're looking for some good ones, I really recommend "You Speak" by Audrey Assad, "Unstoppable Love" by Kim Walker-Smith, and "Your Love is Like a River" by Third Day.  I realized that one aspect I've been missing at college is worship music.  It's often hard to find a place and time to listen to music, since I seem to always lose my headphones and I'm living with two other people!  Although I've been enjoying morning walks with God and singing to him myself, listening to new music is awesome!
“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” Sarah Ban Breathnach - writer     Overall, I have so much to be grateful for.  Not for a minute can I slip into the mentality that pities the losses and qualifies the wonders of God.  As Ryan Hall says, "If we have thankful hearts we are untouchable."  The thing I find so cool is that I can actually say I have so much joy right now.  I keep thinking: "How is that possible?  I can't run for the whole cross country season!  I can't even do anything right now but watch everyone else get ahead and chase my dreams?"  I'm really disappointed, but NEVER without hope (RELATED: God's Perfect Peace) and peace.
     God is moving and I can't wait to see what he does next!  Tomorrow, I'm riding my bike to a new church I'm excited about visiting.  I've got all my homework done for the weekend.  My mom is coming next weekend and we're going to Chicago.  There's so much to be excited and grateful for!  And hopefully I see my daddy soon...I miss him already :(

No comments:

Post a Comment