Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Busy, Busy, Busy

Monday, April 8, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

     Yikes!  Things have been flying by lately-- good things though.  If you've been keeping up with my posts, I've been praying a lot lately about my tendon that I pulled last week and my fatigue that may have gone away, but has been a problem lasting since September-ish.  I am so thankful today though, because I went to see both a Kinesiologist (they did weird stuff, but I think it worked, and I'll see for sure soon as I have supplements that should help) and a sports dietitian.  Another praise is that I was able to run 40 min. today without pain in my tendon.  It got a little tight towards the end, but that's a far cry from the excruciating pain I've had the past week.  I cross trained Friday and Saturday and took my usual Sunday off.  I also went forward for prayer on Sunday after church because the sermon really spoke to me and I became overwhelmed with the power of God.  Our pastor was speaking about faith, and one thing he said really hit me: "It's not about perfect faith, but persevering faith."  
     So much of my struggle lately has been on "doing it perfectly," not doubting, and keeping my chin up.  Yet, God really reminded me on Sunday of the promises he has for me as his daughter and for this track season specifically.  I can trust him!  I am extremely blessed and fortunate, but I have also had many struggles in my life-- enough that I should know that God is faithful.  Yet, I fail and fail, and I just keep on going.  The beautiful thing about this walk of faith is that we don't have to do it perfectly.  He is going to do "exceedingly more than we can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).  They way God met my soul where I was really showed me that truth, and I am so grateful that he cares about my energy and my tendon, and he cares about me enough to do something amazing in my life for his glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment