Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: What I'm Grateful for on April 24

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I'm Grateful for on April 24

     With a slight knee injury (should only be a day or two), AP exams rapidly approaching, a research paper to write, and relationships to mend: I am not exactly feeling grateful today.  I want to be able to blog, spend time with my family, run with freedom, and, oh ya: relax!  Yet, I know that all things work together for good for those who love God.  I am following him and doing my best to keep my head above water lately, and he has been rewarding me with his peace.
     In the midst of my struggles lately, I have seen such a growth in my patience. This is something I am absolutely grateful for, because I know it is by God alone that this is happening.  He is using my circumstance to draw near to me as I wait.  As he draws near to me, I am learning to better trust my heavenly father and lean on him alone-- not circumstance.  I won't pretend that I don't doubt him just about every half hour, but I am better dealing with these doubts.
-Corrie ten Boom
     The temptation is to be proud of myself, and yet: I know that it is by God's grace alone that I am growing closer to him.  I look forward to the day when I can laugh at all these current struggles.  But until then, I can hope in his everlasting love and promises.  I can wait upon the Lord and trust that he has great plans for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment