Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: One Day Down

Monday, August 19, 2013

One Day Down

     I'm officially at college!  The first day has gone pretty smoothly actually.  I've moved myself in, made some friends and successfully made it to all the cross country meetings and meals- on time too! While we get the rest of our gear next week, we received our shoes today (trainers, flats, and spikes).  That was super exciting.
     I'm not gonna lie though.  I'm seriously homesick already.  After two hours, I called my dad to check in, but I was really happy and not sad.  What made me sad was starting to think about how I'm going to feel tomorrow or next week...  Then, the girls started talking about when classes start and when it finally cools down-- no air conditioning is NOT fun-- and I started to get seriously homesick.  It's 10x worse when I realize that I don't just go home tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous too, because everyone has told me I'll be fine for the first few weeks, and then I'll get homesick.  If I'm really missing my family already, I'm worried how I'm going to feel in a few days.  To make matters worse, I forgot my phone charger..boo :(  It's one of the only things I forgot, and one of the most important to have.  I'm either going to run out to scavenger for one tomorrow or see if shipping it is easier.
     Campus is great though, and everyone is so nice.  I'm super excited for practice in the morning, although I will be up before the sun at 5:50 a.m.  I'm already loving my desk and bed area, which are organized perfectly and are very cute!  Although it's only eight o'clock, I'm wiped out.  It's been a long, emotional day and I'm ready for bed.  Before I collapse though, I have to tackle my first "communal bathroom shower"-- the bathrooms are clean though.  Maybe I'll pop some popcorn and make some tea after that and pretend I'm back at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment