Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Summer Comes to an End

Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Comes to an End

     I'm at the point where I've got a week till college and everything has become a "last."  For example, today is my last Monday.  Normally, a Monday wouldn't be that special, but now I'm thinking about all the things I'm going to miss.  It's also my second to last day of babysitting this summer-- all the local kids go back to school Wednesday.  My little brother also goes back to school Wednesday, which means this is also the second to last day I get to spend with him!  Ah!
     I've humorously pointed out that going to college feels a lot like I'm dying.  I don't know about you other college freshman, but I've been frantically calling up friends and trying to get together before we leave.  That's what we say too: "leave."  We don't really say we're going to college or anything, but that we're "going" or "leaving."  I have to say my last goodbyes before I take off for school, and I'm finding myself more social than ever this week.  That's good and bad because, although I want to be around my friends, I also would rather have the time to just relax with family this week.  God's got it all under control though!  I had a minor breakdown after church yesterday-- the first of many, I know.  But I am just reassured that regardless of how prepared I am or how smart or successful I could be, It really depends on God.  Thank goodness!
       Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment