Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: What I'm Grateful for on August 2

Friday, August 2, 2013

What I'm Grateful for on August 2

     Wow.  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, starting with a wedding and-- most recently-- culminating in the commencement of college shopping.  Oh my goodness: there are so many little odds and ends that I have to remember to bring or buy in order to bring with me.  It's interesting because God has been showing me just how much of a blessing this experience is going to be.  He is constantly assuring me and giving me peace.  He has been answering prayers to prepare the way.  At the same time, the enemy wants me to live in fear of leaving home.  Yet, I think going to college is something you can't be sure about.  It's part of living in faith.
     I have FAITH that God is going to be in control.  I have FAITH that he has prepared me physically, spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually to be a collegiate student athlete.  It is a little crazy that this year has brought so much change.  It's even more crazy that I have grown as much as God has allowed me to.  I'm not sure why today is a reflection day, but it seems to be.  I am thankful for it all.  I am thankful that running is going great and it's going according to God's plan.  I am thankful for my new bedroom-- which I have had all too much fun organizing!  I am thankful that I am provided for, and I am able to buy the things I need for college.  Yes, I complain far too much.  I truly am so blessed by all God has given me.  I've got 2.5 weeks until college life begins, and I intend to enjoy every minute and enjoy every minute as I transition as a student.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment