Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Gear Review: Skirt Sports Women's Arm Warmers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gear Review: Skirt Sports Women's Arm Warmers

     Last month, a trip to Colorado (RELATED: Hiking to the Base of Engineer Mountain), I talked my mom into getting us some gear: arm sleeves for her and arm warmers for me.  She decided that I needed two pairs, so I decided on Saucony DryLete Arm Warmers (click HERE to see my review of them) and Skirt Sports Women's Arm Warmers.  I would highly recommend a pair of arm warmers for long runs in brisk weather and/or long hikes.  They also would be very helpful in a number of sports!  These ones, were stylishly functional, but I must admit: not as good overall as my Saucony pair.




Appearance:  **** (4/5 stars)

     The Skirt Sports arm warmers I bought are in a beautiful soft blue.  I really liked the color online, and it is very true to the actual color.  Additionally, there are many colors available both from the Skirt Sports website and Amazon-- where I bought them.  However, the fun patterned ones are available in limited sizes.


Fit and Feel: ** (2/5 stars)

     The smallest size available for Skirt Sports arm warmers is a small, so I was a bit hesitant, given that my Saucony ones were XS.  However, I was pleasantly surprised: they fit very well on my lower arm.  Plus, they were very easy to scrunch down or take off if I got hot.  I have very tiny upper arms though-- don't judge, I'm a distance runner-- and they were very loose up top.  I wasn't very pleased with that because they slipped down a bit while I was using them.  It wasn't a huge deal-breaker though, because they didn't slip far enough down that they didn't serve a purpose.  Thankfully, there is a silicone gripper at the top that prevents it from slipping too far down.  If your arms are closer to the average size, I don't think this will be a problem for you.  However, order a size down if you are on the fence about sizing.



Price: *** (3/5 stars)

     While it is normal for arm warmers to be more expensive than arm sleeves-- they are built of a warmer material because of their different purpose-- I was surprised that the Skirt Sports Women's Arm Warmers were $28.00 on Amazon.  Usually things are much cheaper there, but they're list price on the Skirt Sports website was an (about) equally expensive $30.  The difference was that we got free shipping with Amazon Prime.  With the quality of the arm warmers overall though, I would say the price was too high.  My Saucony pair (RELATED: Gear Review: Saucony DryLete Arm Warmers) was only $20, and is now listed for only $6.  Yet, those worked much better for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment