Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Adventures in Babysitting: Week of July 15

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Adventures in Babysitting: Week of July 15

     Well, after a crazy packed wedding weekend (RELATED: Wedding Day: I Wear the White of His Grace), I was pretty tired when I woke up to run Tuesday morning and knew I'd be babysitting Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I've found that the key is keeping myself just as entertained as the kids.  It takes a lot of effort to be thrifty and plan ahead though!  Naturally, I took to Google.  Here's a look through our week:



Tuesday-  Pool fun!  Also, they are fascinated by playing school.  Do you know how easy it is to trick a kid to learn over summer?  I can't believe my cousin and I played school so much!  I taught the kids I babysit about aerodynamics, velocity, and 3 Spanish verbs and 2 Spanish nouns.  I'd call that a success!

Wednesday- Well, we were going to go to a dog beach.  That plan turned sour when the babysitter didn't map it out because I-- er...she-- didn't know where to go.  We ended up picnicking at a park, playing with water guns, and cooling down with Popsicles.  I got super creative when I saw the kids playing with my old Mancala set.  I don't know what possessed me to create "Candy-cala," but it was a hit!



This is the beautiful car ornament
I made today.
Thursday- Bringing over your old play things is always a hit when babysitting.  This is especially so when they are older versions of toys the kids play with!  For instance, I brought over my American Girl Dolls and we compared how my Kit Kitteredge was different from the girl I babysit.  I also brought over my little brother's old Rescue Heroes' ship.  Apparently, Rescue Heroes are now really tiny, so the boy I babysit was amazed at how huge the boat was!  The highlight was a walk to the park where we soaked the slides with squirt-guns and saw how fast we could slide down.  We also made some awesome crafts by melting plastic beads in the oven.  So easy!  I found instructions HERE.

     I hope this gives you a few ideas for your own Adventures in Babysitting, or child rearing...or just plain boredom!  If you want some more ideas, check out the boat making I did last week by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment