Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: The Long Run

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Long Run

photo credit: torichurch.org
     I'm upping my mileage for college running this next year and my long run has become one of the highlights of my week.  Although my legs have been feeling pretty awful the past few days-- between the wedding, heat, and little down time-- I had a productive week of running last week and am enjoying running with some friends.  I set up little "running appointments" in an effort to keep my sanity and avoid running by myself every day.  Anyway, I heard this new song my Mandisa come out this past week and haven't been able to stop singing it.
     Back when I was in the middle of anorexia, an elderly couple prayed for me and after an hour or so of crying and praying, the woman looked at me with earnest eyes.  I'd just bared my soul and pain to her, and she tenderly reached for my hand and smiled: "I sense an overcomer in you."  That little word of encouragement from God has stuck with me the past few years.  As soon as I saw Mandisa's song was called Overcomer (Click the title for a link! It won't give permission to view the video on Blogger.), I knew that it was another word for me from God.
     So as you go about your long runs; short runs; and everyday life, I pray that you relax into this same freedom.  His word says that the Lord is the spirit and where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty!  You are an overcomer because of who HE says you are-- not what everyone else says you are.  Perhaps, like me, you are broken and messed up, but Christ is in you and He says you are an overcomer.  In the long run, what matters is who Christ says you are.  He says you are valuable, amazing, and worthy of this joy He's given.  You are an overcome my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment