Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Peace and Assurance

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Peace and Assurance

     I just got back from a not-so-stellar first indoor meet of the season.  As my description implies, it wasn't so great.  I'll chalk it up to really sore calves (as in: knotted real bad afterwards) and a time crunch that didn't leave time for me to eat very much today.  Granted, I also know I haven't done any speed work yet either, but I already knew that.  Basically, I was excited to race, but really disappointing in the results!  I got pretty angry when I saw my time.  The third cross country meet (September) was the last time I had a race I really was proud of and excited about, so that is a real bummer.  But in the same way, I know that I am feeling really strong and determined about this season.  It's all for God and I my mind is set that I'm going to trust him.  I'll take what I can from today, and focus on glorifying him next time.  Besides, I want to be on the top of the podium come March, this is only February.
     All rants aside, I am really grateful to God that I was just able to race.  It was not at all what I had wanted, but it was still really fun to get out on the track again and build that fire!  Nothing's changed: I still love it, and I guess I was subconsciously worried about that after the wreck of a cross season I had.  I'm going to state this now so I can look back on it months from now and know I was holding tight:

    God is good and he has an amazing plan.  I don't know if it means victory at the state meet in June, but I do know it is what's best for me.  He loves to see me run and glorify him, and he wants to bless me, and I want to bless his name!  The one who made the promise is faithful, and I believe in his promise, and his promise of goodness.  It is fun, it is joy, to let my legs fly and see results that do not come from me.  The devil always wants to steal, kill, and destroy.  I will not let him take neither my running nor my life for anything other than the glory of God!

I am so grateful that God stands by me and he has a plan.  Because of his plan, I can rest assured with peace, that I don't have to worry about the outcome.  It's easier said than done, but writing or speaking a statement like I have above, helps to solidify that and make it real.  If you are going through anything similar, I would highly suggest writing down a.) what you seek from God, b.) what you are going to do while you wait, and c.) how you will glorify him no matte the outcome.  There is power to a spoken word!  I hope you experience the power in his message of peace and assurance.  I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment