Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Diligence

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Diligence

     It was gorgeous today.  Almost 70 degrees outside!  Alas, I was inside working on a paper for my AP Composition and Language class.  I really do love English and writing, but it was a whole lot of work to get this first rough draft even completed..emphasis on the word "rough."  I feel really good about today though, because I did what I needed to do.  The Bible tells us to focus on God and not on self, and to find confidence in him.  I also see however, that in order to partner with him, we need confidence in the abilities he has given us.  He needs someone who is willing to move and go where he leads.  Along the same lines, as a Christian, I am called to humility.  That being said, we are to boast in Jesus' name and in the work he does in us.  
     That is why I am so proud that I was able to get this done today.  Rather than finishing it up this evening, I have been able to relax because I was done a few hours ago!  I had prayed about that today, and God enabled me to be diligent rather than waste the afternoon away with my favorite activity: procrastination.  I am so thankful for diligence today, because God has given it to us.  He has given us the ability to complete the work he's called us to.  I think we often view that in regards to physical work, but it equally applies to the emotional work behind the physical.  Today, he enabled me to mentally push through something I didn't really want to do.  I am so thankful for that, because I couldn't have done it on my own!  
     If you're with me- be grateful, because it's not of our own doing!  If you are struggling in diligence, as I think we all do, basically all the time, take heart because God is working in you.  His word says he will carry out his good work to completion.  Rely on him and move forward in joy.  Not because you have to, but because you want to serve him with diligence.  Have a blessed evening and beginning of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment