Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Rest

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rest

     Here's the truth: I'm a morning person.  I'm that nerdy girl you know who goes to bed early and has no problem waking up for school (most days).  However, even with school off yesterday, my body seemed to be exhausted today!  It was a pretty bad day-- one where all those little irks add up-- but with a reminder from my dad of 1 Corinthians 10:13, I was set to make the best of it.  My head was hurting after only a few periods, and with the effort it takes to be "positive," I was pretty tired when I finally got home from the gym and walked in from the garage.  Before I knew what I was doing-- and all the homework and tests I needed to study for-- I'd collapsed on the couch.
     For the first time in months maybe, I just relaxed with my eyes closed and listened to my own breathing.  No stress.  No to-do list, no schedule: just rest.  I was surprised when I woke up 20ish minutes later from a dream about a new distance runner's stretch using weights (courtesy of Muscle magazine at the gym...I've read EVERY other magazine they have: no joke!)  when my dad and brother came home.  
1 Corinthians 10:13     Both in life and running, I rarely take the time to appreciate the rest God gives.  He gives me strength to push myself and do my best, but he also gives us rest and a time to relax.  Today, I am so thankful for that.  I am thankful that God cares enough to know I need a break, and provide me with that.  I have a feeling he knew that I wouldn't have taken one if I hadn't just collapsed there without thinking.  God's always working!

No comments:

Post a Comment