Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: What I'm grateful for on March 27

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I'm grateful for on March 27

Woo!  Oh how I love morning workouts!  I was feeling pretty anxious all week about the hard track day we had today, as the same workout was a killer last week: 3x(2 1,000s, 3 200s @ threshold pace).  Good old Jack Daniels (the running guru in case you were very confused all of a sudden).
     Last week, I also had a group to pace with, and this week they aren't coming to the optional Spring Break practices.  I woke up feeling pretty "ehh," and continued to feel that way as I warmed up.  I was pretty positive it was going to be another failure of a workout-- not to be at all pessimistic, which I am.  I am happy to say that I was completely wrong!  After making sure that I was indeed running the right distance, I mentally got my head in the workout because I knew that if I finished it anything like I'd started, it was going to be one of my best.  My times were great, my recovery was fast, and I was loving it!  I took off my sweats after the first few reps and started to feel invigorated by the fresh air slapping my legs as I circled the track.  It was getting fun!
     I have a way of tricking my brain.  It works quite well because I am awful at any type of calculation, so my mind doesn't understand that "only" 600 meters left, is actually quite a bit when I'm only running 1000.  But today, my brain must have been on its own Spring Break.  I was hitting under my times, and feeling like the word that God gave me on Sunday is actually true, "I'm back!"
     I'm still waiting to hear more results from the doctors, because I have no idea why I raced so terribly a few weeks back (RELATED: God speaks through tears), I'm reminded that God knows.  I don't have to know why my body has had such extreme fatigue, because knowing won't do anything on its own.  I'm perfectly fine if God just heals me up and I never think about this again.  And maybe that's what he's in the process of doing!  Either way, I'm learning more and more every day to trust him and enjoy the gifts he's given me more.  I'd say that's a pretty awesome day of thankfulness already-- and it's only 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment