Pinterest A Grateful Life Lived: Sleep

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sleep

     For me at least, sleep is high on the list of things I take for granted.  As I've previously stated, I am a morning person.  So 9:45 is bedtime for me, which gives an ample 8 1/2 hours of sleep most nights-- at the least: 8 hours.  Or so I thought.  We have 2 1/2 hour delays this entire week, and I am finding that I am so energetic with 9 hours of sleep.  Honestly, I love being able to relax and get some homework done by waking up early.  Granted, it could be the placebo effect, but I genuinely think my body just needs a lot of sleep.  I already know I need more sleep than the average teen, because I get splitting headaches if I get less than 8 hours of sleep, like clockwork.  Or perhaps it's because I don't drink coffee, because I'm scared to try it and get addicted!  Ya...that's a stupid story for another day.
     Anyway, I am so grateful today that God has reminded me today how important it is that I get my sleep!  The better rested I am, the better I can go about my day.  The better I can go about my day, the more able I am to glorify God's name in all I do.
     So get some sleep tonight!  I'll struggle with this come next week, when I have to wake up very early again, but for now: I'm reveling in nice short school days and ample sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment